As part of the submission process, authors are required to follow all of these guidelines. Submissions that do not adhere to the guidelines may be returned to authors.
Besides the annual CFP, Messengers From the Stars receives submissions all year round, which will be revised along with other proposals for future numbers. To submit, please send your articles to email@example.com
Manuscripts for Research Articles
Please follow the submission guidelines when sending a finished article for Messengers From the Stars.
- Your article has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration.
- When writing your article, make sure your paper follows the style sheet. Please check the instructions below.
- Your manuscripts should be between 4,000 and 6,000 words.
- Your text should be ordered as follows: title, abstract (up to 200 words in English and in Portuguese or Spanish), maximum of 5 keywords, text, acknowledgements, footnotes, and works cited.
- The main language of the journal is English. Please note that if English is not your first language, you should have your text reviewed or edited by an English language editor before submitting it to our journal.
- The author(s) name should be omitted from the manuscript for peer review. Also, please delete all personal information and identifying metadata from the file (such as the name of the author) before submission. This way, we can ensure a blind peer review.
- Messengers from the Stars prefers files to be submitted in DOC or in RTF format.
- Send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org as an email attachment. Please introduce the attached submission briefly in the accompanying email.
All submissions should include a brief biographical statement (around 50 words) about the author. This statement should include the author’s current institutional affiliations and contact information.
Book Reviews, Essays, Overviews and Other Texts
You can propose a book review for the Editorial Board and discuss it with them. We welcome book reviews on current science fiction and fantasy research and PhD dissertations. Book reviews should be between 500 to 1,000 words. Longer reviews, e.g. dealing with more than one book, should be agreed upon with the Editorial Board.
In addition to book reviews, Messengers From the Stars publishes essays, original creative texts, overviews, interviews and other texts such as conference reports. Their length should be agreed upon with the Editorial Board.
Further Instructions on Format
Messengers From the Stars follows the Modern Language Association (MLA) citation and format style. Instructions for how to format your article can be downloaded here.